Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Flops

So, I tried a new recipe last night. It sounded so good! Raspberry Mocha Cake. Excitedly I prepared all the ingredients, following the instructions to the very letter. The result? Flop, flop, flop. The texture was all wrong. The cupcakes rose, but became so crunchy on top you would need a chisel to break through! Then the "glorious" interior was dry as a proverbial bone.

I was so disappointed. All of those ingredients ~ WASTED! I chalked it up to experience and remarked to my husband, "If I never experimented with new recipes, it would be so boring!" You have to step out and try things or you will never progress.


1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that it disappointed - it's so hard when your mouth gets all excited about something you make, only to be disappointed with the end result...but we all have flops now and then! :) You've had SO many other successes! :)

    ReplyDelete